For my first Reshade preset of The Division I have decided to go with Meridus FX
- If you haven’t already downloaded and used on other games the Reshade injector, then download it HERE
In game I maxed out everything except the following
- Unzip the Reshade Injector and place somewhere accessible
- Execute the Reshade .exe and click select game
- Navigate to The Divisions .exe in the games main folder
- Reshade should now install reshade and sweetfx to The Division, plus it should detect the game uses Direct x 11
- Download Meridus FX preset HERE and place somewhere accessible
- Navigate to you main Division folder and go into the SweetFX folder that should now be there
- Create a new folder called Original SweetFX
- Then copy SweetFX_Settings.txt in the same folder and paste into the new Original SweetFX folder you have just created. This will be your original backup.
- Now unzip Meridus FX and change the name of the text document to just show SweetFX_Settings.txt
- Once the name is changed, copy or paste this txt file into the SweetFX folder inside The Division main folder, and overwrite when asked.
In Game Settings
- Shadows: Very High (not PCSS, waste of GPU and i don’t see any difference)
- post-FX AA: Off
- Chromatic aberration: Off
- Vignette effect: Off
- DoF:Medium (or even off if you prefer)
Black screen on loading
If like me you have a black screen on loading, then the simple cure (for me at least) is to press ALT + ENTER, this will put you in windowed mode. From here I chose Fullscreen windowed and the problem was solved.